Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Welcome to the 5th Grade!

My name is Mrs. Houghton (How-Ton). I am married to Mr. Houghton, a 6th grade teacher at Dillard Drive Middle School. We currently live in Garner with our 5 year old daughter, Juliet. This will be my twelfth year of teaching and I am excited and eager to begin this journey through 5th grade with all of you. This year, students will be facing many changes and new responsibilities. As fifth graders, they are responsible for many jobs around the school and will serve as role models for the younger students. The students will be taught and expected to exhibit certain life skills that will prepare them for middle school. Among these life skills are; responsibility, resourcefulness and organization. Working together, I am confident that we will prepare these students for the next chapter in their education. I believe that all students can learn, especially in the right climate. It is very important to me as an educator to create a classroom environment that is safe, positive, and structured. Communication is crucial to the success of our school year. I want all parents and students to feel comfortable coming to me with any questions, comments or concerns. I am looking forward to getting to know and work with you this year. Sincerely, Nicole Houghton, NBCT Email: nhoughton@wcpss.net Classroom Web Site: vance5th.blogspot.com ** Homework is posted daily

No comments: